Free class offered every first Friday from 5:15-6:15
These intro level classes are taught each month by different teachers. A variety of styles will be presented – a great opportunity to come try yoga for the first time or a new style for any level yogi!
Sarana Miller Weekend Workshop – late August/early September 2017
Sarahjoy Marsh Weekend Workshop – October 27-29, 2017
Membership Drive Drawing!
Become a Member or Renew RFY Membership between now and
January 31st to be entered to win awesome prizes:
First Prize: Two Helicopter Tickets from Coastal Helicopters
Second Prize: Beautiful Artisan Yoga Mat from Haines
Third Prize: 75 Minute Massage with Judy Macnak
(Drawing will be held at the RFY studio on Feb 1st, need not be present to win)
- Why membership? Members are able to buy coupon booklets that provide discounts to classes all year long; Members receive discounts to our workshops; Members support RFY mission and our ability to offer scholarship to yoga students in need.
- How do I become a member or renew my membership? Teachers can assist you before or after class to become a member or to renew. You can also fill out the attached membership application and mail it to us. It’s easy!
- How much does it cost? Only $25 for an entire year of membership.
Currently accepting cash or checks made out to Rainforest Yoga.
Membership is renewed annually at the beginning of each year, so renew NOW to get the most of your 2017 membership!
~Thank you, from your Rainforest Yoga Board of Directors ~
Somatic Movement & Yoga with Malia McIninerney
Beginning January 7, 2017 on Saturdays in January from 3:30-5:00pm. All levels welcome!
This class brings attention to anatomical relationships and integrates them in a fun, fluid way. Utilizing yoga asana, spacial dynamics and developmental movement, we open new possibilities for how we inhabit ourselves. The emphasis is on learning about one’s body in an experiential way. All Levels.
- Friday, February 17, 5:30-7:30 PM Self Acceptance: Yoga Sutras, Restorative Yoga, Pranayama and Meditation
- Saturday, February 18: 9:30-12:30 Self Awareness: Yoga sutras, Asana with a balance pose and core work theme
- Saturday, February 18: 2:30-4:30 Self Centering: Yoga sutras, Asana with forward bend theme, headstand and shoulder stand, meditation
- Sunday, February 19, 1-4 PM Self Confidence: Yoga Sutras, Asana with a backbend and twisting theme
REGISTRATION: Glen Ray, firstname.lastname@example.org
Winter Solstice Celebration at Rainforest Yoga
December 21, 2016 5:30-6:30pm
A free event with Carol Race & Bev Ingram
Winter Solstice marks the longest night and has long been a time for energizing hope for the Earth’s renewal and the Sun’s return by making a “spiritual cradle” or space for the newly conceived light to fill. It is out of darkness that flowers eventually emerge, babies are born and inspiration and ideas are nurtured.
Join us for a community celebration of of your inner light, and the power of faith and hope with Surya Namaskara, (sun salutations) and restorative poses done at your own pace. Bring a poem to share if you like.
Please bring a non-perishable food item to donate to our local food bank.
Healthy Back Yoga ~ 6 Week Series
With teachers Bev Ingram and Carol Race
November 13 – December 18, 2016 ~ Sundays 3:30-5:00pm
This six week series of therapeutic classes will focus on yoga asanas that foster your overall well-being and health of your back. Deepen your awareness of how the yoga principles of alignment, core, stability, breath and movement aid in the healing of injuries, imbalances and offer insight into the process of strengthening the back. Asanas (postures) are taught in supine, prone, standing and sitting positions with breath awareness to develop strength and flexibility.
Each person will also receive and individual session to assess your needs and develop and in-depth therapeutic home practice.
- This class is intended for beginning or experienced yoga practitioners who have experienced back pain, and or injury
- Cost: $170. Includes six weeks, and a private session
Bev is an occupational therapist and teaches therapeutic yoga. She has a special interest in helping students develop a home practice that supports their unique constituent. Bev is registered with Yoga Alliance as a 500 hr experienced yoga teacher.
Carol teaches therapeutic yoga and is registered as a Yoga Alliance 500 hr experienced teacher. Carol believes that a gentle and thoughtful practice and provide long lasting benefits.
Register early! Class size will be limited to allow for individual attention:
Contact Carol at : email@example.com or call 907.209.9297
New Tuesday Class ~ Tune In and Flow
with Jenny Strumfeld!
Every Tuesday 5:30-7:00pm (beginning 11/29/2016)
Tuesday Tune in and Flow with Jenny– Enjoy a playful and rigorous practice that explores the connection between the breath and repetitive therapeutic movements, creative asana practice, and focused core work. You will challenge your body (and mind) in new ways and bring awareness to weak links in our systems in order to foster healing and rejuvenation. Previous yoga experience helpful, but not necessary.